A tasty everyday meal or the centrepiece for a buffet.
Best made with our delicious Smoke Flavour Bacon which is traditionally cured by hand, the old fashioned way to our own special recipe.
Thick Cut Dry Cure Smoke Flavour Bacon Pack
£2.85Buy some Now
- 1. To make the pastry, sift flour & salt into a large bowl. Rub in the butter until the mix reaches soft breadcrumb texture. Add 2 tbsp. cold water to form a firm dough. Wrap in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface roll out the pastry and use to line a well-buttered, deep-sided 22cm flan dish. Don’t cut off the excess pastry yet. Leave to rest in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Place on a baking tray and blind bake for 15-20 minutes, then standard bake for a further 5 minutes. Using a sharp knife trim the excess pastry so create a neat finish.
- 4. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- 5. Chop the bacon & fry the bacon pieces until crisp, then drain on kitchen paper. Sprinkle the cheese over the pastry base. Arrange the sliced tomatoes on the cheese and scatter the bacon on top.
- 6. Mix the eggs, milk, and cream in a bowl and season well. Pour over the bacon and cheese. Sprinkle thyme leaves on top. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the filling is set, delicious enjoyed hot or cold.
- 1 pack of Edwards Dry Cure Smoke Flavour Bacon
- 5 large eggs (whisked)
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 100ml milk
- 250g grated cheddar cheese
- 200ml double cream
- 200g plain flour
- 100g butter (plus extra for greasing)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme to garnish