If you like making your own stuffing and sausage rolls, our Traditional pork Sausage meat is perfect. Made using prime British pork shoulder & our award winning seasoning
6 Traditional Pork Sausages
£2.50Buy some Now
- Using a pestle and mortar crush the garlic and salt into a paste, or use the flat of a knife on a chopping board. Mix together with the parsley and stir in 50ml cold water.
- Place the Sausage meat in a food processor (if using Traditional Pork Sausages peel away the skins), turn on to a high speed and pour the mixed ingredients into the mixture, then season with pepper.
- Unroll the puff pastry onto a floured surface and cut in half lengthways.
- Divide the sausage mixture in two and spread along the length of each pastry strip in a cylinder shape, leaving a 1cm edge. Tightly roll the pastry around the sausage meat and brush the ends with the beaten egg to secure.
- Use a sharp knife to cut each roll into 10 pieces, each about 2.5cm long, and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush more egg all over the pastry. Place in the oven and cook for 20-25mins until the pastry is puffed and golden and the meat has cooked through.
- Remove and eat hot or cold with tomato ketchup if you like.
- These can be made in advance and frozen, simply add 10mins to cooking time above.
- Edwards of Conwy Sausage Meat or Traditional Pork Sausages both 400g
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Handful parsley
- 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg to glaze