- Take the flat piece of belly, dry the rind and score deeply with a sharp knife. Line a shallow roasting pan with two large pieces of foil. Add to this the apple juice, seasoning and spices.
- Place the belly onto the foil and tuck the foil around the joint so that the liquid is against the belly joint, but leave the top dry and exposed. Brush rind with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Open roast for about 1 hour. Add the apples, plums and sage, cover over the whole joint with foil and return for a further hour. When cooked carefully open foil, drizzle rind with honey and place under a preheated grill. Cook for about 5 minutes to finish off the crackling.
- Serve cut into thick slices, drizzle with sauce and serve with fruit.
- 700g (11⁄2lb) lean piece of Welsh belly pork
- 300ml (1⁄2pt) cloudy apple juice
- 5ml (1tsp) ground cinnamon
- 2 apples, cored and quartered
- 2 plums, stoned and halved
- 2 large sprigs fresh sage
- 15ml (1tbsp) Honey