Welsh Beef brisket slow cooked with cola
Welsh beef Brisket
£10.65Buy some Now
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4, 180ºC, 350ºF
- Heat oil in large ovenproof pot. Add the joint and brown on all sides. Add the chilli, seasoning and coke. Bring to the boil, cover with lid and place in the oven for about 2 hours.
- Retire to the garden and relax in the sun for 2 hours.
- Remove joint from liquid and reserve, cover with foil and allow to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing. Skim any fat from the cooking liquid and discard.
- Place the remaining cooking liquid in a small pan and boil. Drizzle this over the sliced meat and serve with warm new potato salad with chopped red chillies stirred through and extra summer leaves.
- 1.35kg (3lb) lean Welsh Beef brisket rolled joint
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and cut in half
- 600ml (1pt) cola (not diet)