Beautiful Whole Leg of Lamb with Rosemary and Pears in a Pear Cider. We recommend serving this with the seasonal vegetables of your choice as a fabulous twist on a Roast Dinner.
Whole Leg of Lamb
£VariousBuy some Now
- Preheat oven to Gas 4, 180°C, 350F
- Place in a bowl the potatao slices, onion, rosemary and seasoning, toss together. Place in the bottom of a large roasting pan or dish (large enough to take the whole leg). Add the slices of pear and slot between potatoes.
- Weigh the joint and calculate cooking time: Medium - 25 minutes per 450g/0.5kg (lb) plus 25 minutes. Well done - 30 minutes per 450g/0.5kg (1lb) plus 30 minutes.
- Place the joint on top of the potatoes, pour over the cider and pour stock into dish. Cover with foil and cook covered for half the cooking time and then remove the foil for the remaining time.
- Serve with steamed seasonal vegetables.
- 1 approx. 1.5kg leg Welsh lamb
- 4 medium old potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 2 pears, sliced
- 300ml (1/2pt) pear cider
- 150ml (1/4pt) lamb stock